Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Oh Comfort Food, How I Love You..

I'm craving warm comfort tonight, after digging thru the fridge and trying to decide what I actually have, and then doing some research on Pinterest I finally found a recipe to throw together. I have many many recipes, but when you've been up since always 2 am the last thing you want to do is dig thru a bunch of recipe docs (yes... a bunch.. my eyes wouldn't be happy with me)

So as I type my heart away (about food) my pork chops are defrosting, and my "materials" (I could say ingredients but the artist in me prefers the former) are ready.. sitting stoically on the counter.

I've never tried this exactly this way, and I'm substituting the soups for cream of mushroom. If I remember I will post pics of the outcome tonight. But for now.. Here's what's for dinner!!!




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Original recipe makes 4 servings       
  •                 
  •                 
  •                 
  •                 
  •                 
  •                 
  •        

Directions

Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).

 

Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown the pork chops on both sides, 5 to 8 minutes per side. Place the chops into a 9x13-inch baking dish. In a large saucepan, whisk together the cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup,and milk until smooth. Stir in the rice, and add the butter; bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, and stir until the butter has melted. Pour the rice mixture over the chops; cover the dish with foil.

Bake in the preheated oven until tender, about 2 hours.



 
 I'll let you know how it is ;)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment